View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: NL 10 players/flop question

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I wonder if my hunt for loose-passive players is optimal. The thing is that I notice many of the tighter players have a much more predictable hand range, and its easy to put them on an over pair if they continue to bet on a low flop - which would make it profitable to call with almost anything as they would probably get stacked if I can beat one pair. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I'm constantly reassessing this idea. I look for loosish tables but am forever wondering why?! I really prefer a player who is thinking, albeit not thinking well. A "reasonable" villain is so much more predicatable and is therefore much easier to read. Easier to read is easier to beat.

[ QUOTE ]
The other players I wonder about are 60/30 -type players since its so hard to put them on ranges as they can raise almost anything from any position. Its easy to think that by getting a monster they can be stacked, but its difficult to know if say TPGK is enough since they are usually agressive with any piece of the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I completely agree. I've tried many a time to beat them at their own game. I'll take my marginal hand to showdown and will be beaten basically every single time. Hopefully by now I've finally learned my lesson. Too bad my list of lessons is so long...it's a whole lot to keep up with! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]