View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: How do I avoid the overbet shove here?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd shove pre

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I said he raised quite light, at the time I thought he was a good player whose range in the orange zone from 3 off the button would be heavily skewed towards high cards, so I wasn't in love with my fold equity or my equity against his range which would be marginal. Additionally, I had him down as very aggressive so I thought I would pick up a lot of value from cring his c-bets when I flopped a pair or draw. As it turned out I was wrong in both those assumptions but that was my read at that point.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, it depends on how he bet sizes and how often I think he will bet here. If he's betting anything as pfr checked to twice, then it's obv check-shove. If I think he may check this down, then lead half pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had him down as an auto-c-bettor, now I'm confused. Check-shove is obv best if he'll bet but now I don't know. If I bet, the amount is tricky. 3/4 pot is an 'effective shove' because I'm obviously calling a raise and he should expect me to with most of my range. On the flipside, if he just calls I can't bet a very big percentage of the pot when I bluff the river. If I bet smaller, he's more likely to call or raise with hands less than top pair. If I shove, he also makes more hero calls. When I saw the hand he called me with, I realised there had to be a better play because I'm sure he could have folded had I not said 'I'm semibluffing!'