View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

[ QUOTE ]

I was at Gulfstream today and decided to count the number of hands. I was playing 2/4 limit, played for 2 hours, 15 minutes and was dealt exactly 36 hands. And that's even with dealers who don't have to count out their tray at every shift like at the other places. What slowed things down? These things happened at least once during that time: new players buying chips at the table when they sit, dealers chatting with players during the hand instead of keeping the action moving, dealing players into the hand when they're away from the table and waiting for them to sit back down to take their action, waiting for players to hang up their cell phone when the action is to them, one dealer granting a player's request for a rabbit hunt, one dealer continually losing track of the button movement and having to stop and figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Gulfstream has a couple weak dealers. However I play there a lot and there are some top notch dealers as well. A lot of them are still relatively fresh out of school. But on the whole, I'd still rather play there because of the beautiful room, cheap drinks and I can also bet simulcasting. Oh and I was there today. They started having a massage girl there. Awesome!