View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Good books for cash games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Back to the point, I asked a specific question about books on cash games. Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, I'm guessing you left the search time to be within the last seven days, as this topic does come up quite often. I personally dont care but some here get tweaked.

As already mentioned, No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice and Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pretty simple answer to this if it bothers you so much. Do a search, mine the threads and post a thread of recommended books for cash - or for trny's, or for whatever - just book lists, publisher's info and a link to the thread you found it in. Then ask the Mod to sticky these amazingly useful threads you have created, which can be added to as new books appear. Then, the rest of this forum can be used for in-depth discussion of individual books.

Because god forbid there should be a book discussion area and people should come in and ask for book recommendations and not behave the way YOU think they should and so you can just hijack the thread with a lot of useless attack posts.

Some people LIKE having a reason to post their favorite book or just talk to a new person. It's community. Culture. And you don't make rules around here.

OP, I thought Antonio Esfadiari's WPT book on cash game play was surprisingly good. Cannot remember the title.