View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL Deep stacks OTB against known player

Been playing a couple of hours already and only involved in a couple of pots. I showed down a strong hand.

Villain, I have played with before and he knows that I play strong hands. I have got him to lay down AQo on flopped Ace board when I too had AQo. He figured me for AK. This was several months ago. He does have the ability to lay down TPTK hands. He does know who I am.

1/2 NL Live. Stack sizes are as follows:

Villain had ~ $375

Funny guy (in CO, He calls preflop with dominated hands and calls with top pair weak kickers on the flop and into the river.) ~ $150-200

Hero ~ $370

Villain raises to $15, Funny guy calls, I am OTB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do I call? I was thinking okay, SPR is ~350/45 = around 8.

BB or SB calls. Uggg did not think this guy would, he is short stacked. POT = $60.

Flop is K68 with two [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (The King is one spade, cant remember the other spade)

Villain bets $45, Funny guy calls $45. Pot is $150. I call?? Well I did with 3 to 1.

Turn is 8. Villain bets $50, funny guy folds. Pot is $200 – I call.

POT = $250. River is a Q.

Villain checks to me. I think about it and was thinking, easy push, he has to have AK. I have no balls and I check. He turns over AK and said "I thought you had AK thats why I checked." Should I have pushed?

Is this where we are dealing with "almost" medium SPR's and the possibility of stealing?

I guess the call preflop was a little loose?

Comments please.

Thanks.