View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: After Harrington

[ QUOTE ]
First off, Harrington I was published in December, 2004, and Harrington II was published in June, 2005. So again there's no way he wrote his book as a response to any Harrington book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my response was extremely clear that you are right and I am wrong on this issue. Hence my apology for falling into the revisionist history trap.

[ QUOTE ]
Come on. In the posts on this forum by him and his wife it was clear that Snyder had no knowledge what was written on poker tournaments in virtually any book. It was only after he was stung by criticism here that he began to claim what was written by us was completely different than what we wrote. And you know this. Again, shame on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Mason. What I quoted above is paraphrasing what Snyder said in the book (last paragraph of page 16 and first graph on page 17). First you rightfully call me out for quoting the revisionism in those posts, then you engage in it yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
No it's not. It's a style that works against terrible players who tend to play too weak-tight in tournaments and are afraid of losing all their chips. (Again, the small buy-in tournaments have lots of this type.) Skilled players like a Dan Harrington, while they may have a tigher style than some of the other better known tournament players, are certainly not afraid to lose their chips. That's a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it works best against this type of player and as you state the tournaments the book addressed are full of these types of players. My point is that the techniques can work against any style player. However in a slower structure or against what you perceive as a solid, thinking player you need to pick your spots or they'll figure out what you're up to.

Initially you quoted a single sentence of my post which you felt was out of line. I've apologized twice, and admitted it was incorrect because I incorrectly singled out Harrington as an example when that was a chronological impossibility. Now you're dragging out old battles about which I don't believe we have any substantial disagreement. If anyone wonders about any of the other issues you've raised here they can see the original battle in all their original splendor by exercising the search function.

I have no desire to get in a pissing match with you either here, on your home turf, or anywhere else. I'm not Snyder's spokesman anymore than I'm 2+2's spokesman when I post on Snyder's forum in defense of 2+2 books or authors. I'm going to let this go now. If you want to get in the last word on any of this have at it. I'm going to let it go now.