View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Commerce 20. AJ - Continuation bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads on the BB, and the action thus far, you found yourself a good place to call-2 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I prefer 3-betting this bc we should be ahead of the lag's range and CO's range as well and BB is just dead money AND we have position

allthough I don't really like AJ bc it doesn't play al that well multiway and it faces some nasty rio when we flop a 2nd best hand, I do think it's strong enough to 3-bet in this spot, it should help to make life post flop a little easier on ourselves as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloating the pot with a high ROI hand multiway sure doesn't make postflop easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I would have to say it makes it easier simply by increasing the probabilitiy ill be playing the hand with less opponents. This is likely going to be 3/4 handed where strong top pairs hold up a reasonable amount of time. BB is probaily coming in like 40-60% of the time to a 3-bet, but hes coming in 100% to a CC.
A cold call likely makes the pot 4-5 handed, A rerraise likely makes the pot 3-4 handed.

By 3-betting:

1) I gain positional control with the iniative allowing me to take free cards if need be (this board? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
2) When I spike a pair of aces/jacks im going to the showdown most of the time whter I bloated the pot or not. The more people I bring in, the more likely these hands wont hold up...
3) I can assess where im at in the hand a little better by reopening the betting. IF PFR caps, I need to hit to win and can easily fold flop UI... Had I just CCed id have many tough decisions on low boards in a multiway pot.

On flops like 337, I want the 3-betting initiative because it allows me to represent a strong range by my c-bet alone. If I CCed id hvave raised the PFRs bet, in this scenario my range is pretty weak and he knows it...

I dont see how cold calling makes the hand play any easier.. All it does is minimizes my investment..

As a general rule ive found (exceptions obv):
in 3 way pots its middle pairs that suffer from bloated pots,
in 5 way pots its top pairs...

I think a hand like A9s would be the perfect canditate for cold calling here.. Even though we MAY even have an equity edge.