View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt PLO8 - $400...What To Do?

[ QUOTE ]
So I decided to take a shot at the $400 games on Full Tilt because I figured it was about time I stepped up from the $100 games to the $200s and $400s

[/ QUOTE ]

No clue what your bankroll is, but why not just move up to $200 first and see how that goes. Moving up 4x your usual buy in seems crazy to me, not to mention that many of the regulars on this forum(i.e. good players) play at these stakes.

[ QUOTE ]
I elected to just call on the button, thought about raising but figured I didn't want to bloat the pot with this hand preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think thats a fine play. You'll want to occassionally raise with hands like this just so people can't always put you on A2s, A23, or AA when you raise though. I'd say that I'd call 90-95% of the time here and raise 5-10% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I would peel on the button and see what came on the turn...I NOW REALIZE THAT IT WAS A REALLY BAD PLAY...No need to comment...

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't comment on the play since you don't want me to, but I don't think you should ever turn down advice. Its possible that you may know its a bad play but not fully understand WHY its a bad play and could learn from the discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
Well I pretty much caught Yathzee on the turn

[/ QUOTE ] Not to harp on the flop call, but I think you see how it put you in a bad spot in that you hit your best card and still aren't in a dominating position.

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: 2
VILLIAN 1 bets $40
VILLIAN 2 calls $40
HERO ?????

[/ QUOTE ]
I really can't see the merits for anything but flat calling here(maybe I could see folding but thats a stretch).

To begin with, you aren't counterfeit proof. You don't want to get a ton of money in on the turn and then have an A or 3 come.

Secondly, its very possible that you're getting quartered here at the moment. However its also very possible that you're ahead of the other player with A3.

What you're hoping for here is that the high player misses whatever draw he has or doesn't improve. The best card for you would be an 8 or J obviously. Then you want to quarter the other player with A3.

However, there will obviously be times when you're quartered as well and you must keep the pot as low as possible or even fold under certain circumstances on the river.

In short, call and re-evaluate river.