View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Rate my recent Amazon book purchase list

I had the fortune to have John Allen Paulos as an instructor in my undergrad years at Temple University.
Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its Consequences is a valuable read, and Paulos's skill at getting you to imagine a visual about what the numbers mean is a great lesson to learn. From one of the books I remember how to remember about how much blood there is in the whole world and how to quickly deduce what it would be it if you gave me the expected number of people on earth at anytime... Plus, he's funny.

What sparked your Omaha interest? Never found too much on Omaha in print, would love to read people's opinions on it.

If you are still going crazy on poker books and economics, you might just love The Poker Face of Wall Street, especially for his description of the true rise of finance in America and poker's role in it. On top of it, Aaron Brown is a member here. http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Face-Wal.../dp/0471770574

Incidentally, I found that a good public library system is worth using, and can save you space on the home bookshelves.