View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Default nl owns me even while i sleep

yesterday we went to Tampa Hard Rock for some hot 1/2 nl action.

second hand at the table, i am dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg and raise to 10. 2 callers.

flop ($30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i bet $15, next guy raises to $30 (he has me covered), other guy folds. i tank for a bit, then shove. other guy insta-calls and flips up A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

one guy at the table says, "you had to think about that?" i do not tell him that i was considering PSRs and how to get all the money in.

anyway, the other guy predictably hits a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn *and* the river, and i am felted on my second hand.

i also lose with AKs to AQ all-in preflop when fishy villain flops a Q *and* the nut flush draw.

anyway, whatever, standard beats.

however, last night, i had a dream that i was still playing 1/2 nl at tampa hard rock, and i got it all in with AK on an A77x board (after making a brilliant smooth call on the flop to get an overcall). we get all in on the turn and the other guy turns over A7 and stacks me. i punch stuff all the way back to the parking lot.

and that is how nl owns me, even while i sleep.