View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: A few Commerce Hands

Some good, interesting thoughts all around.

I played hand one too cautiously. I didn't think he had AK with the Ks or KK, as most random live players don't 3-bet the KK, and I felt almost sure that the fool to my left had the Ks. However, I weighted the button's range too heavily to AA given his preflop cap, which most live players DON'T make without AA or KK from my experience. Turn and rivers were blanks, and only one bet went in on each street; I should have led or c/r'd the turn. He had JJJ, and MHIG.

Hand 2, I had just sat down and wasn't in a rhythm yet. I made the worst decision, IMO, which was cold-calling, something I almost NEVER do. I think folding is far and away the best play here without some SERIOUS reads, but capping is better than the crap I did. My dumbest decision of the entire trip.

In hand three, I bet and immediately regretted it. If there's ever a spot to take the foot off the gas, this is it. Sure, some fools will call you there, either with a deuce, ace, or just pair-fishin', but far more often, hands that they called with on the flop look worthless now. Since my hand is very disguised, I think a check is clearly best. If the proper card comes on the river, I may get two bets there, or even three if a K comes and he c/r's or something...plus, I'll at least usually get one bet. As played, he folded instantly.