View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: lol going blind at 22

OP,

This may seem like a bad predicament. It really isn't, and I'll show you how:

I live with a very rare brain disorder called hydrocephalus(water on the brain). Basically, my brain cannot remove its used CSF so it drown in it, and my head feels like it's going to explode due to pressure headaches. I have a shuint which removes the fluid from my brain and drains it into my abdomen, meaning I piss ALL the time. Periodically, I have to have brainsurgery done to repair the shunt or the tube the fluid flows down. I've had 25 such revisions in my 25 year life.

The 15th one did not go so well. The surgeon placed the shunt into my thalamus, causing a stroke, meaning paralysis on my left side, crossed eyes, inability to swallow, etc etc etc etc.

My joke is that when a plumber has a bad ay, someone's carpet gets [censored] up. When a neurosurgeon does........lol.

Anyhow, I was told I would die soon after I came out of my coma.

Guess what? I didn't. I graduated high school. I graduated college. I'm married to a beautiful woman, and I have a job that barely pays the bills(beat).

My point is this: you WILL find something that makes you whole again. All of us that go through the worst of it do. We put our money in with what we think is the best hand, and the rest is up to the math. That's all you can do.

I am probably the one poster in this thread who will not feel badly for you, because I've been there. I know that your surgery will be a success and that you'll rehabilitate in whatever fashion you're told to. You'll do it again if you have to in your 40's or 60's.

That's just what people do. Good luck(whatever the [censored] that is).