Thread: Hmmm...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Hmmm...

To all the AJ! AJ! AJ! BET! players, are you considering that he capped pre-flop?

If you define his range as AJ or AA, there are 6 combos of AA and only 11 combos of AJ that you beat. He probabily thinks a flush draw or QQ is a significant part of your range, given the flop cap so I can easily see AA checking this river. Discount AA a little for the river check, but not much.

Sure high stakes players CAP for deception way more.. But AJo over half the time???
Possibly even more than half the time because a small % of the time he can have JJ or QQ and is being trixy... If he reads you for a flush draw, he could be (incorrectly) trying to c/r your made flush with his full house. A 4-bet in position in schneids spot is often done with a draw.

His line screams to me AA or Trixy c/r. Therefore, I think this is a pretty easy check. Maybe I underestimate the PF agression of high stakes players.

If you do put him as super agro PF and post flop, you have to give a much higher weighting to QT/AJ and now it becoms a lot closer.

If hes capping these hands consitantly (> 50%), I dont care how good you are postflop, he's going to get murdered in any game and this should have stood out to schneids right away.

Final thing to consider:
If you were in villains position and did have AJ.. Can you even call schneids bet if you check?