View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: What I Did

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I folded. I hesitated a bit, which might well have telegraphed button that I didn't have a big hand.

Button raised and later told me that had I raised I was going to get 3-bet with just about anything he had--80% of time or more, even if I hadn't hesitated. I thought this would indeed be the case and I didn't want to be playing Q-6 out of position against a very tough opponent.

Michael Davis's limp-reraise proposal is intriguing. It still puts me in the position of playing Q-6 against a top opponent, but it sure would make him think he was up against a monster, especially given my image.

[/ QUOTE ]

One would think that if you were going to get 3-bet 80%+ of the time, you wouldn't limp-reraise, but you'd raise-intending to 4bet, yes? But if you thought you were getting 3bet 80% of the time, I don't hate a fold here.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad im not the only one who sees clearly the right play if he 3-bets you with 80% of his hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you limp, the blinds are WAY more likely to call, so a limp re-raise is pretty crazy because not only is your equity worse, but your fold equity has gone down drastically by vitue of adding another player.
Any pair is calling you down because your LRR seems a little fishy.

Your not raise/capping for value, your raise capping for insane fold equity post flop. I doubt even most world class players would be convinced you were capable of doing this. ALso if BB/SB comes in, do not cap OBV.