View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: NL 25 FR (9-handed) UTG

i raise AQ AJ KQ all from UTG and i dont see any reason not to. i play 25 NL and the avergae players call pfr range is prolly any PP, any two cards 9 or higher, any connector, any suited ace or king.... not only that but alot of people dont RR with good hands like JJ, QQ, so you get a chance to draw out on them on flop. Cbets work alot of the time at this level so you get some money on the flop there. also, players rarely semibluff RR you pf with trash so when you get RR'ed it is an easy fold.

DO NOT just limp with these hands and then call raises. that is worse than folding! like say you limp UTG AQ and some folds then CO or button raises, folded back to you... what do you do? fold? no, he could be raising with any hand so you think call... then you miss flop 70% of the time and then what? check and then fold possibly the best hand....

and do not open fold these hands. this isnt a game populated by tight players where players are more likely to have good hands and play well. this is DONKEYKONG poker and these hands are profitable even in EP with a raise.

as for PP's i limp because i like sets in multiway pots. and pp's play well OOP against raises pf. if i was in LP i would raise with small PP's hoping to take pot on flop with cbet.