View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Small rebuy tourney strategy...

I loosen up on a loose table, but not as loose as my opponents. Assuming your'e on a loose table.

1. I think raising for value is OK since you should charge to see the flop and can bail out on bad flops.

2. I limp in a lot with hands like those if its not being raised

3. I think since massive overbetting gets called by any draw, it should be done.

4. I fold small pairs but call with TT+, AK, AQ, AJs. If I see people showing down stuff like Axs, Kxs, suited connectors, KT etc., I lower standards even more, like 77-99 and maybe other high suited connectors.

5. If I still have a smallish stack, I am probably already getting odds with one caller. Since I may get more than one caller, it will usually be a good bet. If I have built up a big stack,though, I want to play cautiously if there is another big stack involved in the hand.

7. I do because the implied odds are there, just as with the other hands you mentioned. If its being raised frequently or is raised behind me, though, I don't (but you said cheap)

I don't know if any of this is correct, but this is how I have been playing them.

The ones on Stars have 15 min levels. Sometimes its crazy from the gate, sometimes a few hands will pass before it gets crazy, sometimes it will be tight for awhile and then get crazier toward the end. Sometimes its crazy for awhile and then tightens up toward the end. It is not often that the table plays normally for the whole rebuy period (1 hour), so you couldnt' going wrong just playing solid poker.

Like I said, I don't know if the way I play them is correct, but my perception is that I don't end up rebuying as often as others while building my stack.