View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Living and Playing in Vegas

how does it not compute? Colorado the max bet here is 5 bucks, which means the only legal live poker here, is limit poker. The max game here, is 5/5 limit, dealer choice.

Here in Colorado, it's known as bingo poker, because just about everyone stays in until the river, and most times they will indeed "bingo" on you.

Also, I've been posting here for almost 2 years, is that your point in posting my stats in the message? If so, how is that revelent to either the topic at hand, or to me as a poster?

As for me, all I was telling the OP, if he's interested in poker, don't move to colorado, there is no REAL poker here.

[ QUOTE ]

QFT

Maybe you're just on a bad run, or need to play more cash games. Or I guess increasing the buy-ins to the tournies would be akin to moving up where they respect your raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the first point, until I moved here, I had not played such low limit poker since I first started playing. Simply put, I don't know how to play it anymore, and I really don't want to spend the money it'll cost me trying to relearn it, when it won't do me any good anyway.

On the 2nd point, yes that is exactly what I was meaning. If it costs the participant more money to play in a tourney, then they are going to either not play, or play better poker.

Most tourneys here cost less than 100 bucks to play in them, and heck, you can that much in playing live action here in about 30 min for most, so they don't think anything about losing that amount of money.

Bump it up to 500 bucks, don't allow for rebuys nor for reentry (as they do allow currently for ppl to do if they get knocked out), and it changes the flavor of things.