View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: The Federal Reserve: Love it or Hate it

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, wow. Here we go. Tacict consent is a totally morally bankrupt idea. It's been totally roasted. There are about two hundred threads here covering this, feel free to look them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, essentially the dominant philosophical justification for the state, held by a majority of political philsophers for more than three centuries now ... totally roasted on the 2p2 message boards. ZOMG HUNDREDS OF THREADS ON IT, RIGHT HERE ON 2p2. Believe it or not, an ACist hand-wavingly claims the entire theory is roasted. Who'd have thought that? Not me. What a surprise. In other news, creationists claim Darwin went down in flames due to the power of their irrefutable logic. Surprising, no? What absolutely newsworthy and surprising argument you have: an anarchist claims justification for the state roasted, and cites past claims and ideological allies' concurrence. What's next, a link to a 'great' Borodog post? Maybe mises.org?

Good to see "assert your way to victory" is a strategy ACists will never tire of: "don't believe me? Go find the last time I said it! Be sure to note how all my buddies agree with me."

Look, if you want to say tacit consent is bankrupt, go nuts. If you're tired of actually spelling out your argument for why you believe that, and ask people to search the archives for your feeling on the subject, that's legitimate. But to claim "it's roasted" is nothing more than asserting your way to victory. Anyone can handwave. See, watch me:

barron, don't listen to pvn. He's wrong. Lots of threads on it. He's been roasted. He's a bad arguer that uses stupid, ridiculous and completely inane analogies to make illogical points to justify his philosophy, which has essentially been laughed out of most reputable academic institutions decades ago. Notice how his allies exist almost solely as fellow intraweb message board posters who likely can't buy a drink in a bar, and a website (mises.org) that pretty much gives the so-called "academic" work away for free, because reputable academic publishers aren't interested in such nonsense and don't pay any attention to them. Lots of threads demonstrate all of this. Probably hundreds. Go search for them.

Oh boy, that was fun. I can see why you do it. Assert your way to victory FTW.