View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Living and Playing in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh gawd no, not Denver. I'm stuck in this poker wasteland of no fold 'em hold 'em, and am hoping to escape myself ... soon. Worst part about the tournaments here, is that the no fold 'em Hold 'em bingo poker mentality invades the Tournaments here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people find these the most profitable games to play. From what I have observed the tournament players in Black Hawk are much tighter than in other markets for similar sized tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I have experienced. I've lived here for a year and a half now, and as for the live action, I get more play out of the slot machines than from playing with that bunch (puke), to be sure.

As for the tourneys, I've yet to cash even once because of the piss poor way they play up there (I wasn't kidding either about the guy who called my 6 times the BB preflop raise with Q/3 just because it was suited). It's such a long drive to get there as well, which only adds to my frustration. Add to all of that the rooms up there refusal to run a high stakes tournament even if it was only once a month or even once a quarter, say like 500 bucks, with no rebuy no reentry, it only makes it even worse. I'm even doubious now about the upcoming HPT event, because the Satallites will be so cheap to get into, I'm concerned that the 'bingo' player crowd will prevail and get into the HPT ME.

I for one can't wait to get the heck out of here, and move someplace where I can play REAL poker. Heck, I was even better off in Cincinnati when I lived there, and there wasn't any legal poker for at least 70 miles (the Belterra). At least there, I knew where all the backrooms were.