View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Small rebuy tourney strategy...

We all know the fun of the low buyin rebuy MTT. There's nothing better than being at a table of maniacs and sitting back and waiting to double or triple up.

However, I was in one that was so wild, I was wondering if I was doing too much waiting. This one had a good structure with 12 minute levels so the speed of the tourney was not really a concern like a turbo.

I have some general strategy questions (let's say your stack is the standard two rebuys and it is the first level so most stacks are around 2 rebuys):

1. Knowing the looseness, what hands do you raise for value? For example, TT or JJ is a good hand to raise for value in a normal tourney but you know a lot of Arag Kxs, etc. are going to call a raise here.

2. If there is consistly a pf limpfest, do you range down to hands like Kxs or one-gapped unsuited connectors?

3. Is your postflop play a little more aggressive? For example, you have TPTK on a wet board. Do you overbet here?

4. If there are multiple all-ins pf, like say 5-6 in front of you, what hands do you call with with the chance for a megastack in one hand?

5. If the pot is big enough on the flop, do you just shove a hand like the nut flush draw?

7. Do you play Arag cheap pf and hope to hit two pair or a baby straight?