View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Phil Gordon Interview W/Jerry Yang for The Poker Edge Podcast 8/7/

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have said this to virtually everyone here and blogged about it a few times. Lee Child's laydown will go down as the worst lay down in televised poker history. Literally nothing fit for him to lay down that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play almost exclusively limit, however it seemed to me that given the strong PF reraise and then insta-push/raise on the flop bet, that it could have been very possible for Yang to be holding AA/KK...his actions seemed to be in line with those hands (at least to me).

Even if he was playing "wildly" up to that point, I think Childs has to consider the very real possibility of Yang having hit a legit monster on that occasion, am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitley aren't wrong. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that he had AA or KK I just still think it's really tough to fold QQ there, that's all. He said in the interview that after Childs called his re-raise and then he led out with a bet on the flop that the only way he felt he could win the hand is that if he shoved all-in on him and got him to believe that he had Aces or Kings. It worked.