View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Share your tricks for playing as a single

[ QUOTE ]
your family sounds like a bunch of [censored]. people like you are everything that is wrong about golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by people like me? is it because I'm BLACK, YOU SON OF A BITCH? oh wait, i'm not. nm.

anyway, I guess it's not the most flattering story. but this dude is making a choice that only 4% of responders in poll #1 are choosing. we should have a worse time to acommodate him? i guess if someone wanted to sit at our dinner table and blow smoke in our face, we should allow that too.

Additional factors: I would say of the people I've been paired with, 10% I've been glad to meet, 30% are neutral, and 60% are complete [censored] in some way. I've had people hit my ball; pick up my ball; kick back to one of us a 3 foot putt without asking, when we are playing matches for money; drive off in the cart with my clubs on it so he could go to dinner with his wife, stand behind me when I putt breathing loudly; rattle clubs in backswings; talk incessantly about "well i had 148 in, that's usually an 8, but i figure the wind . . ."; give me lessons; take forever; and on and on and on and on.

I'm not a good player, and I'm wildly inconsistent. My last round I hit 10/14 fairways, but two of the misses went less than 100 yards. I shot 105, my best 11 scores added to 49, my worst 7 added to 56. It sucks hitting a topped 20 yard drive in front of strangers. I then feel pressured and rushed.

Also, this is Texas. It was 90*+ at 10 when we teed off. It's nice to play the round at a quick pace. I have a newborn at home, and the wife appreciates it too. My brother goes to school out of state, and the 3 of us get to play together maybe 6 times a year.

So it's not like we were a bunch of sticks who don't want a chop with us. But I am open to the fact that it may be a dick move, but I think it was a dick move for him to insist. He said "do you mind if I join up" and we said "actually you can go on ahead if you want", which is code for just go.