View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Brian Townsend\'s Downswing (for all the Brian Townsend haters)

Just a minute ago, I read this thread that makes me wanna puke. web page

How can anyone hate Brian? For all 2p2ers, Brian represents the ultimate dream of a poker player. He started from scratch and hit the top of the mountain in just two years. Two years ago, he was just like us, posting hands and wishing some day we can play the likes of phil ivey, PA, Gus etc.. Four months ago, i read Brian's original post of his story, that was probably the most inspiring post on 2p2 ever. I loved poker before, very much. That post made me love poker even more. His story ispires me to work at my game and try to improve as a poker player. It gives me a goal. It gives me a reason to really work hard for.

Lately, there are a lot of posts about brian being a busto or whatever. He took a shot and exprienced a downswing. Most of us had that, just at much smaller stakes. He sat with the best of the bests and was not afraid to play his game. So what if he lost. Give the man some props.

So basically what im saying is dont kick a man when he is down. Dont built your happiness on someone's misery, thats a pathetic way to live. We all should be happy to be reading insights of the poker life of great player.

Best wish to Brian, and to all 2p2ers, peace.