View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Theory Time with MJ - Creating Profitable Situations With a Short

You are less likely to be called with A3 but more likely to be a 70/30 dog. You are more likely to be called with SC, but more likely to be a 60/40.

Thus, I think SC are more profitable LP because your jam with Ax has to work 3 times for every 1 time you get called (IT DOES! but that's not the point), and with SC it needs to work one time for every 1 time you get called*

*Assuming the pot is 1/3 your stack when you jam. I will jam here with any pot 20%, but the larger the pot the less FE you have but the more dead money equity you have - it's win/win.

And the reason you are less likely to be called by A3 is because you hold an Ace, so there are only 3 left and a lot of the weaker ones will still fold.

Edit: One of the biggest things I used to repeat in my head in 45 mans was "God dammit, dominated again" So I started adjusting my range of hands thinkings "Well they're only going to call with monsters anyway, so let's push a hand that's 60/40 against the monster's range." This theory definitely wasn't perfectly sound, but it was a great launch off point.