View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Top pair with heavy action

hey patriks,

yeah after the action your hand dosent look great in most lineups anyway, when dealing with exclusive, i think it looks a lot stronger as his preflop action means he has 2 cards and his flop raise could be a lot of hands, i like the flop donk, as you are getting raised like always and its a good way to protect your hand

im not sure how often a flop 4 bet will make him fold if he does have some trash like some random pair or something, but there is probably value to it anyway, i usually have a hand here, as you have represented some strength, but i could have an underpair or something similar trying to make you fold your underpair(as it turned out i was going kinda animal), i think my hand range widens a lot when dealing with my 3-bet of exclusives raise, so i think in this particular lineup there should be value to a flop 4 bet

as far as the turn, i think after 4-betting the flop you should bet the turn, as really i think the flop 4 bet has value and shouldnt just be to get exclusive out, once again, i think you can be good a lot of the time in this lineup, if you get raised, call down, if its 2 bets back to you its probably safe to lay it down, although i could be capable of making a play here as it is a big pot and something like a pair and a flush draw has some showdown value vs exclusive, i think generally you are in bad shape and its likely to be costly to see a showdown

on the call/donk line, i dont mind it as its a drawy board and your equity is likely not great and theres a good chance you can face me with 2 cold and also get to see what exclusive does, actually i think it might be a pretty good line here, i think there is value to a 4bet, but 3 way on this board you cant be ahead by much, so this maybe keeping the pot smallish is the way to go

first time ive written a long post like this in a while, its probably kinda rambly and migth not make sense