View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: NFL enlists Christian right to fight Barney Frank

I would like a list of emails for NFL, NFL sponsers, and Rep Wexler. Is there an easy place to find all these?

I have prepared a letter for the NFL but I would also like to carbon copy it to sponsors and Rep Wexler as well. My thought being I want the NFL to see who else I sent the letter to and I want Wexler to realize his bill has supporters.
Below is the letter if anyone has comments or suggestions.

Jxxxxx Mxxxxxx
xxx xxxxxx xxx
Jackson, TN 38301 731-xxx-xxxx

Commissioner Roger Goodell
National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Sir,

I have been an avid fan of the NFL for years. Unfortunately some of your recent actions have resulted in my decision to boycott all NFL games, merchandise and sponsors until I see a change in your position.

I can understand and respect your position that players, coaches, referees and other employees should not be allowed to bet on sports online or any other way. But in your effort to regulate your employees you are attempting to impose your restrictions on the entire US. I would not go to such extremes as boycotting if your attempts were only related to sports betting. But your efforts include skill games such as poker, chess, backgammon and many others.

In closing I find your position hypocritical when you encourage gambling on fantasy leagues but exclude all other forms of wagering, especially skill games. By the way, I was also a member of several sports fantasy leagues that I will not be participating in as long as you oppose sensible legislation such as Rep Wexler’s bill H.R. 2610, Skill Game Protection Act.

Jxxxxx Mxxxxxx