View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Kojack decides to take on the world with one pair.

ZOMG, another KJo thread, lol

I wouldn´t 3-bet flop bc of the fact that most players who´ve already `paid to see the turn card` with their one bet, AINT FOLDING to our 3-bet

furthermore, we´ve got a very vulnerable hand in a multiway pot and I´d want to proceed with caution, no need to start spewing chips here

also, by not taking the initiative over with a 3-bet, we leave our options open on the turn

when the turn bricks off, I´d strongly consider donking into the field, with only 1 more card to come our equity has increased enormously, we´re likely to have the best hand and it´s highly unlikely that we´re going to get raised by a hand we beat

if we check with the intention of raising we run the risk of seeing the turn get checked through and miss value

the chance that one of the limpers will bet at the pot is very slim, so we´re basically hoping to raise button, who very well could have raised flop with a T (perhaps +pair) and take a free card

also, when button DOES bet, we shouldn´t even feel all that happy to c/raise him, bc he´s going to have AT LEAST somewhat of a decent hand to bet into a large field and he might even have us crushed

also, when we donk and get raised we´ll learn a lot about the strength of out hand, bc none of the limpers in between is going to raise us here with a hand that beats us and I think it´s highly unlikely for button to raise anything we beat as well

I could only see button get tricky with a hand like JT when he´s raising for a free showdown

so, even though we´re not max charging drawing hands, I really prefer donking this turn over a c/raise

as played, getting 19:1 vs a LAG you´ve gotta pay off river