View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Share your tricks for playing as a single

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A course just recently reopened in Austin, and my dad and brother and myself went out. It was about 9:30 on a Saturday and there was maybe one other group at the course. A single comes up and says he would rather play with us than alone? WTF? You could play in 2 hours alone, why would you rather intrude on a family outing. We hung out in the parking lot till he got the hint. So, poll time:

[/ QUOTE ]How about you grow a pair and tell the guy you are having a family outing or whatever instead of hiding behind some SUV until he goes away?

What is wrong with you?

edit

I really enjoy playing the local par 3 as a single

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I was just really blown away. I've never had a guy say he wanted to play with us, it's always been a course imposing it. They told him he could go forward, and he said "eh, I don't really wanna play alone." I guess I should have said "guess what, we do." I just don't know if you don't want to play alone, why you go by yourself to a course that just reopened and is in a remote area. It was unexpected and awkward and tough to tell someone "I don't want you to play with us." We went out to the lot to load up our carts and change shoes. We sat in the lot awhile complaining about the situation, and sat out for a while. We weren't hiding, but weren't racing to get back to the 1 tee. He eventually took the hint and teed off.