View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: NL100 bind defense vs 1p0kerboy. Am I weak-tight?

[ QUOTE ]
3) If we see a flop; my hand still has decent equity vs Pokerboy's range, and we can play poker on later streets

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to play a weak top-pair type hand OOP against a good player. It's just not good for business. You're at a huge disadvantage in this sense.

[ QUOTE ]
4) If Pokerboy comes over the top of my 3-bet, I can safely fold, knowing that his range crushes mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a TON of hands that are crushing your range that I'm not coming over the top with. So added to your positional disadvantage is the fact that when I call I'm crushing your range and you have NO additional information about the strength of my hand. I will sometimes call with aces or kings here.

I would recommend playing more pots in position. In other words, let this one go and steal the guys' blind to YOUR left.

Also, it might be better to make plays like this against players you know have a larger range than me.

And bottomset made a good point. If you want to put me in my place, do it with your best hands and/or with bluffs. Don't put yourself in a difficult spot with a marginal top-pair hand where not only do you not know if you are good or not but also the villian has the best ability to control the pot size.