View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Calling the floor to replace a misdealt turn card?

[ QUOTE ]
Then you shuffle the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] back into the remaining deck and deal the river with no burn. You have already burned for the turn and river by this point and the idea is that the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] has the same chance to come on the river as any other card.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does burning or not burning on the river after the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] went back into the deck have any effect on the odds of it coming out? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the burn doesn't affect the odds at all, you could burn one card or 10 (the 7 could be burnt, could be right below the burn, could be on the bottom of the deck, doesn't matter odds-wise), the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is one of those cards and has a 1 in however many cards are left in the deck chance of coming out on the river.

That said I've had this happen at Foxwoods before and it was handled the same way (river becomes turn, shuffle original turn back in, no river burn). It was pretty crappy for me as the would-have-been turn card gave me TPTK and 4 to the nut flush [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]