View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 PM

Default got levelled for 6k pot...but it worked out

i was at bellagio playing the 10/20 a couple weeks ago when this hand came up... it's like 3am, and my table had a group of 4 guys that were a bunch of drunken donks that just sat down...they were very friendly and seemed like cool guys, they were just tanked. they all bought in for various amounts, but i would say like ~2-3kish each (i cover)...so nothing crazy. i pick up KK in late position, i make it standard $120, BTN donk calls, SB donk calls... drunk donk in BB says "i'm all in" (just about 3k)... his buddies start laughing it up and joking around, then BB says "no wait, i was just kidding", grabs him money and tries to muck his cards... dealer says "sir your action stands... you are all in"... drunktard starts going ape [censored], get's all pissed, says he was just kidding, having a good time with his buddies, didn't even realize i was in the hand...etc. etc. floor gets called over and they rule that his action is binding and in fact he is all in and the action is now on me. i'm sitting there thinking that if he genuinely made a mistake that i feel bad for him, but i was planning on going to the rhino after the session and his money would come in handy over there... so i call... the other drunks fold. before anything happens (being the nice person that i am) i turn to the guy and say "sir i know you probably made drunken mistake, let's work out a deal... i'll take 1k, you keep the rest and we won't run it"...and i show him KK... he looks at me and says "F*** YOU, run the cards" and shows me AA... at this point, i'm like WTF, this is such a sophisticated drunken level...so we run it, flop comes 224, drunktards are high fiving each other, laughing it up, turn 5, river K. i scoop the money, and head over to rhino for some professional relaxation therapy wondering how i just got seriously levelled by a totally drunken donkey.

cliff notes:

got levelled by a drunken donkey, tried to be nice, he told me to F*** Off.. i ended up winning the money anyway and spent a bunch of it at the rippers.