View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: UIGEA regulations to be postponed for another 2-3 months

It seems like about a week ago Berge20 had said that he heard the regulations would possibly be out in one to two weeks. Last week at some point Engineer said he had heard that the regulations were delayed (possibly as much as 2 to 3 months). In another post today I believe Engineer said he might have jumped the gun a bit in including a time frame.

These two posters are the most reliable sources I know of on 2p2 (along with Mr.K) regarding legislative items. The time line of their latest "guesses" as to the regulations could very well be true. Berge's sources last week may honestly have believed the regulations were on track to be out in a week or two. Engineer may have the same or similar source who then realized that the regs were going to be delayed some. Nonetheless, the poker community still does not know when the regulations are coming out and uncertainty is often times worse than the event itself. It is hard for me to believe that those people working on the regulations are that secretitave given that every time you turn the TV on there is some sort of grand jury leak or legislative leak or leak in an investigation from the police.

I'm for one hoping that the regulations come out as soon as possible so we can get on with figuring out how to continue to play poker online. So Berge and Engineer keep us updated with your predictions they may not always be 100% accurate but they are the best 2p2 appears to have and it is much better than being totally in the dark.