View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Bankroll and planning a Vegas Trip

definitely don't play the 1/2. it'll prolly be the softest game u've ever seen, but the rake is horrible. if u r a decent player u will beat it regardless of the rake but for the amount one can consistently beat it i never consider it worthy of sittin down. u will definitely be better off playin the $2/$5. the level of play will be somewhere close to the $1/$2 online, sometimes even worse. of course there could be a VERY good player @ ur table. i've seen them at these tables every now and then. if ur unlucky enough to get that one good player @ ur table just avoid him unless u've got the goods and try to be in position against him when u r both in the hand. the other 7 or 8 players at the table should be weak enough to make a profit w/out confrontin that one good player.

as for the bankroll u would need, it depends. if u r a tight player u shouldn't take more than 4 buy-ins for the 25 hrs u plan on playin. just buy in for 100 BBs and play ur solid game. if u r aggressive, like to mix it up, and see a lot of flops then things change. u can still take the 4 buy-ins w/ u but make them 150BBs-200BBs. or if u still wanna just buy-in for 100BBs then take 6-8 buy-ins w/ u. so anywhere from $2k to $4k should be sufficient.

another thing. i know u wanna make some money @ the tables, but u mention that it'll be a vacation trip w/ ur woman. have that in mind all the time and don't spend more money @ poker than the bankroll u have for it. otherwise u will not enjoy anythin else thinkin about ur loses and ur woman won't have a good time either b/c of ur mood. if u r a winnin player @ $1/$2 online u will prolly take them down @ the live $2/$5, but if u lose then there's always next time. good luck @ the tables and enjoy sin city.