View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: A floor call I had never seen

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand that a lot of players do not look at their cards until it is their turn?

I guess your view is that all players must check their cards before any action begins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its my view that if a player chooses to to not pay any attention to the deal (remember he doesn't have to look at the face of the cards he just has to know thathe was dealt a valid hand) he does so at his own peril.

[ QUOTE ]
And that would also mean that UTG cannot act before the button gets his last card.

[/ QUOTE ]

When action occurs before the last player gets his last card that action will not bar players from raising an irregularity that casuses a misdeal.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, you seem to imply that the button knew all the time he only had 3 cards and only spoke up when there was action. Which makes zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]I charge the button with constructive knowledge if not actual knowledge, by that I mean that if he didn't know he had only three cards he should have known it. I know you believe that players have no obligation to protect themselves, but this is part of protecting your hand.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You do understand that if the button had raised the issue immediately it would have bene a misdeal,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in a lot of rooms. He would just get the next card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to say that there are no rooms that deal players cards in this scenario, but i challenge your claim that a lot of rooms would do so. Just to make it clear you are saying that in a lot of rooms if it is realized that a player was skipped in the deal (before the deal is complete or before there is substantial action) that rather than declare a misdeal they just deal off the top to that player.