View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: grade the level of poker thinking in this explanation

[ QUOTE ]
mike you are awesome. you post 1 hand over a series of thousands I had while I was out for the wsop. I like how the other thead died down so you had to bring it over here. If your point is that I suck and that anyone can win over a 4 year span at the highest stakes online, then so be it, point made, you win. GG me. Or, if you for some reason think you are that much better than me, I'll play you HU, I don't care. Prove that you can beat me around with a pwning stick and I won't say another word.

I think to be "expert" you need to play every hand the exact same way every time because if you play it at all any differently, you played it wrong. The only thing I believe I might have done wrong on this hand was not c/r the flop to get more info on where I was at with my hand. But what happens if I do that? I either get 3 bet on the flop or called then raised on the turn. Once either of these happen, I obviously can't fold until I see the river (in which I have now put out either double the bets I would have if I played it the way I did or just an extra bet). Now the river is a blank...do I lead out and try and steal...probably not...do I check and call down with ace high? Maybe after putting that many bets in, I would. But yeah, forgot I was done explaining things to you. I play the way I want to, and it's my money to lose, so please quit being a little prick and posting thread after thread about this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to go on record as saying that I too think mike is FOS. I constantly tell myself that his babble is nonsense and that there must be something that these big game players do so much better than the rest of us. There must be some deeper understanding, clarity in the minds of guys like you who just get it. I constantly have to cut him off and tell him to STFU. And then you start posting, and I am waiting, so patiently waiting to read stuff that we don't think of. Things that set you apart. And then the disappointment hits. The disappointment that comes from realizing you don't get it any better and that the best we get is "not c/r the flop to get more info on where I was at with my hand". No mention of any special read on deathdonkey or hand ranges or metagame or equity. And then to finish it off we get namecalling and the inevitable "c'mon dude HUHU for rolls" stuff as the knockout punch.

So basically that phucking mikel guy is right after all. Again goddamn it. I am getting tired of it. Meh.