View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Bulking: Clean Diet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious, why does it suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his caloric requirements are too rigid and very poor. I also disagree with his entire idea of gaining lean muscle with minimal fat gain. This isn't realistic for most people at all. Most people are happy to bulk 1:1 and then strip the fat off. He also presents people looking better when lean like some sort of breakthrough. Thanks genius, maybe someone he's actually done a bulk and owns a mirror could corroborate his story.

[/ QUOTE ]

the big problem I have with your post, is that it isnt that hard to gain lean muscle w/ little fat gain, a 1:1 ratio would be way too much for me. I did believe this when I first started lifting though, but than I learned that if you start w/ a low bf (ie keep it at 5 to 9%) all year round, that when you do a slower bulk, you dont gain as much fat, it may take a little longer, but its at a much better ratio, something like 2-3lbs of muscle for every pound, so in 4 to 5 months, you can put on 20lbs, and only 5 of it is fat, rather than doing a hardcore bulk of 12 weeks, and gaining 25 or 30lbs, at a worse ratio. I do sometimes do a "traditional" bulk, but this is just when Im lazy and want to eat a little more junk food.