View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Stars $3r: OESD+FD/Need a line (65bb deep)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with just calling the raise and seeing what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's WAY too passive in a tourney for me. If you can take it down w/o hitting the draw, that's a huge plus.

What do people think of raising, but not all in. Obviously, if we put the 3rd bet in here, and he jams, we are committed, but jamming looks kinda like a combo draw that is trying to take it down right here, but has plenty of outs. What if we RR to say 17000. Obviously, if he plays, it will get allin, but doesn't that raise look stronger than an allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you playing a set here? are you also making that tiny raise on a drawy board? i shove here, and a set should be played the same

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shove a set here too (not 100% sure though), but it doesn't matter how we play a set as much as it matters how he thinks we will play a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

effective stacks are like 4x his raise or so, shove is very standard...still has a bit of FE

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's a fairly standard shove and I normally make it. My smallish raise idea is one that just popped into my head and wanted to see what other think.

After thinking about it for awhile, I agree with shoving because any hand that folds to the small raise, also folds to the shove and vice versa.