View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: 7 card for advanced

You don't think he puts too much faith in low pairs. I mean he'll say a small pair is at a huge disadvanatge to a large pair and yet play them regularly hoping for them to improve to two pair. Also I like the low pair with ace kicker against a higher kicker, but i'm not so sure about taking it to the river, and not just 5th street. I think between Sklansky and Reese, when they disagree on an issue I see Reese's argument more profitable. But yes every serious seven card reader should read advanced he makes a lot of great points--but being a history teacher I can never put too much value in one source. I think opening the floodgates for low pairs (without high kickers) opens the flood gates to too many hands.

Also sometimes he contradicts himself. he advises a hand like KJ10 to raise to get heads up, but then in the appendix says that three overcards does not play well against a small pair and even mentions a fact that will surprise most readers. (Obviously you advised to get it heads up)