View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: The Federal Reserve: Love it or Hate it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus, you've outlined your thoughts pretty well and i agree w/ many if not most of them.

i would like to say though, that you should probably give up on this point (despite the fact that it is exceedingly obvious).

"a wise man told me 'don't argue with fools, cause people from a distance can't tell who is who.'"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty lame cop-out

I'm an ACist but I'm open minded. I'd really like to understand your point of view but I dont see it as a good explanation for business cycles. Now mabey its just because the austrian theory is an over simplification, but its not like we are talking about quantum mechanics here. You guys should be able to give a rough explanation for us laymen. If not, is there any good resources that give an in depth explanation of current money markets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im confused here, Ian. How can you classify yourself as an ACist in one breath and then admit to needing an in depth explanation of money markets in another? Doesnt one need at least a solid understanding of money markets to be an ACist (or to have any opinion, really, not just AC).

Or are you talking about the political/sociological aspects of AC rather than the economic ones, which, imo, really cant be divorced.