View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Default JTo otb in straddled hand

I don't play much live, so limited experience how to adjust play when there is a straddle, never seen one at 2-4 and I was playing 4-8 after winning at 2-4.
Question 1: Generally, do you play your hand as if the pot is raised, or just like it's just double stakes, like a kill pot. Obviously you adjust for the fact there is more likely to be gamboooling than usual.

Live Foxwoods 4-8. BB and UTG both relatively new, but both have straddled the last few orbits, and are raising very light. Prior to this no one had straddled in the few hours I had been playing. UTG straddles, 5 calls, mostly loose passives, but one solid TAG in MP3. I have JTo otb.

Question 2: I call right? If UTG had raised and 5 cold-called I would fold this, but with 6 limpers I would call, I think that's what I have to consider this situation, right?

I call, SB folds, BB 3 bets.

Question 3: In hindsight I should have thought about the fact there was about a 90% chance that was going to happen when determining if I should call. If I had, would it have changed my decison?

UTG straddler caps, all call to me.

Question 4: I have to call getting 8-1 otb in a capped pot, right?

I call, Flop comes 9xx rainbow. BB bets, all call. I have only backdoor straight draw, 1.5 outs, maybe discount to one. But I'm getting ~39-1 so

Question 5: I have to call, right?

Turn brings 9xxQ, 2 diamonds. BB bets, all call, I call getting a million to one with 6 clean str8 outs. River is a Q, there's a bet and 4 callers, one of the loose passives in HJ or MP3 wins with pocket J's.