View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone outside of law enforcement ever had a positive experience or had someone in law enforcement actually help them? I've asked this question and no one I know has ever been helped specifically by a policeman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I was a prosecutor, back when I was just a student, my car broke down in the right lane of a relatively major road. As I was sitting waiting for a tow-truck, a cop drove by. The Cop pushed the car himself with his own two hands while I drove it off the road. There was also a slight hill. This was definitely above and beyond the call of duty, and he could have hurt himself, and he really didn't even ahve to do this as there was a tow truck coming soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I was a trader, back when I was just a student, in the summer I used to like to ride my bicycle back and forth between my apartment in La Jolla and my friend's house in Woodland Hills. Once I got sick of wasting time on the circuitous bike route and got on the 405. After about 45 minutes a cop pulled me over and mad as hell asked to see ID. I said I didn't have any (actually, I didn't) and then made up totally false info about who I was (actually, a composite of friends' info). He gave me a ticket and told me that since I was so sweaty and stinky he didn't want me in his car, so he forced me to walk my bicycle to the next exit while he drove behind me. This took about 30 minutes. Once I was totally off the freeway, he pulled up alongside and told me if he ever saw me on the freeway again he'd throw me in jail.