View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Chicago - Where are you playing now?

I have been to the Four Winds twice now, one last weekend when travelling from Kalamazoo to Chicago (where I live) and once just for an evening and then returning home. I do like the place a lot and poker has been very nice to me over there.

I'm just wondering what the thoughts are from others in the Chicagoland area on where they will choose to play cards. Four Winds is about 45 minutes further east than Majestic/Resorts. Will a lot of Chicago players take the extra time to go out to New Buffalo. Most of the people that I have talked at Four Winds are from Michigan/Indiana with a few Chicagoans in the mix.

If you are from Chicago what are your plans? Worth the trip or are you sticking to Northwest Indiana? The Four Winds card room seems to be a little less busy that the Majestic Star.

Side note - My biggest complaint is that Four Winds tries to keep as many tables as possible open even if both are running at 5 players each. On top of that, if your game does bust (which we only did when we dropped to three players) you don't get to take your chips with you. Playing NL, you can only buy back for the max of the table. Example, you start you night buying in for the full amount, $200 in this case, and proceed to spend a few hours building up your stack nicely to 5x the buy-in. Your table busts and you move to a new table. The e-tables only let you buy in for $200 once more and you pocket the other $800. I hate this rule.