View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s Straw Poll Showing

[ QUOTE ]
This was not a good showing for Ron Paul. His numbers were inflated by Giuliani and McCain not showing up. Before the poll, Paul's commincation director Jesse Benton said, ""We expect to be in the top three. We've got four staffers organizing and we've got a lot of web site RSVPs from volunteers."

Let's not forget....Ron Paul is still less popular than Tom Tancredo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was a good result, although I'm disappointed that his numbers weren't higher. If you seen any of the video from the event, Ron Paul volunteers grossly outnumbered Romneys' paid volunteers. Maybe its just a few die hard supporters from out of state, but $2M or $8M -- whatever Romney spent -- he couldn't get 1/10th of the on the ground support Paul had even with 150 family members there. While waiting for the results in the coliseum, there was at least a 100 Paul supporters and I saw 3 Brownback people. I didn't see 1 Tancredo person the whole event (via Justin.tv).

Rudy and McCain's low numbers just show how the poll is based on who pays to win. The whole poll seems like a joke designed just to raise GOP funds.