View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: PLO8 MTT - A23Tr in BB facing a raise

Frank - I think you are probably ahead after this flop.<ul type="square">If MP1 only has one ace, even the ace of clubs, plus three random cards, you're roughly almost a 2:1 favorite.

If MP1 has a pair of aces, AsAhXY, with XY random, you're ahead about 58:42.

If MP1 has a pair of aces, AcAsXY or AcAhXY, with XY random, you're slightly behind (49:51).

MP1 doesn't necessarily have any of those hands and he could have flopped a set. If he flopped a set, or even two pairs with jacks on top, he's the favorite.

If MP1 flopped the nut flush draw (Ac6cXY) he's the favorite, but not by much (48:52).

All in all, mostly I think you have to worry about MP1 having flopped a set, and if so, you're in trouble. MP1 could have the perfect hand for this flop against you (Ac2d3dJc). But that's not likely.[/list]I don't know how you guys can stand this game, pot limit. The pressure I feel just trying to put myself in your shoes and figure things out is enormous. But I think you have to suck in your gut and check-raise with your hand after this flop.

I'm not sure about the amount. Might look less like the sort-of-semi-bluff it is if you raised half of his remaining stack, rather then putting MP1 all-in. I'd want to raise enough so that MP1 would seriously consider folding and at least wouldn't re-raise all-in. But since I don't know MP1, I don't know what that might be.

[ QUOTE ]
q1) Preflop call was obv?

[/ QUOTE ]I like the call.[ QUOTE ]

q2) Calling the flop bet is okay, marginal, or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]If you play on after the flop, I think a raise is better than a call.[ QUOTE ]
q3) If calling the flop, what's the line on hitting two pair on the turn (with NLD, obv)

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know what "NLD, obv" means. You make two pairs or a set on the turn 11/45 (but you already know that).[ QUOTE ]

Q4) if calling the flop, what's the line on hitting the flush with NLD?

[/ QUOTE ]I still don't know what NLD means. Maybe "no low draw"? If so, four cards (K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) make you a baby flush with no low draw. I guess that would be about 10 to 1 against (41:4)[ QUOTE ]

q5) If calling the flop, what's the line on hitting the flush with a high card?

[/ QUOTE ]Same as above. Against four random cards, I think Hero is about 9:2 to have a high win if clubs come in.[ QUOTE ]

EDIT Q6) If calling the flop, what's the line on hitting a low card that doesn't improve hero's hand otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]All low cards improve Hero's hand, except a four. (Some are better than others). 3*3+4*4 = 25, but five of those are clubs. That's out of 45 possibilities.

Looks to me like it takes more than courage to play this game pot limit. Looks to me like you have to enjoy the thrill of taking risks. I take risks while gambling, but I don't enjoy them. It's no fun for me to take a hammering out of position. I think you have to try to dish back - and if you do this very much in a tournament, you're out on your ear.

Buzz