View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:18 PM

Default 100NL: AA Value Shove

Villain is a 23/4/2 idiot. I've seen him limp UTG with 63s, and he has a bad habit of checking the turn with the nuts before insta-potting the river. I don't know him too well, though, so I'm not sure if he likes to bluff-shove the river.

My image is TAG. I've been running ~20/17 at this table (I've been here for ~45 minutes), and I've raised his limps a couple times and won every pot without a showdown. He's probably at least a little annoyed that I've raised him 4-5 times already.

UB NLHE - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 8 Players

Hero (BB): $130.90
MP2: $96.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG calls $1, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1, 2 folds, SB calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls $5, SB folds

Flop: ($14) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10.50</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $10.50

I don't buy it. I don't think he has me beat, so I'm not folding. I called with the intention of CRAI on the turn.

Turn: ($56) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks

I whiffed on the turn CRAI.

River: ($56) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero shoves for value (Villain has $69 left)</font>

I'm not folding this hand no matter what. I figured he had a jack or nothing here, so I shoved for value because I don't think he's good/smart enough to get away from a jack. Does anyone check here to induce a bluff?