View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Literature on Stud/8

>>I've never seen this Kammen book, although it's hard to make money at stud 8 and be extremely wrong; don't consider that an endorsement though. I would like to hear about the parts of the book that are controversial though. Errors ultimately bring enlightenment, I always say.

I haven't seen any reviews on my second book on here, though I've sent out a few copies. As far as book one, it's OK, but a bit too basic; my advice on the buy-in is too tight, as I think Andy pointed out; you just have to have more than $40 for a 2/4 game to start out, and I need more detail on check-raising and semi-bluffs. Book 2 I think is better as it gets into some more finer points; it's longer, and it has the odds stuff. I'm sure it has controversial parts too, but I was much happier with it. It was all set to go until the gambling "ban" bill last year, and the publisher said the market for poker books colapsed; my collegaue had a deal in principle too for his next book to be published, and it was also axed. Too bad, but I still have some hope it may get a look by someone some day. I think it would be an asset, even though the stud 8 community is tiny and admittedly I spend more time playing LLHE these days.

Paul