View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: BFI August [censored] Thread

how do you guys deal with the variance of making and losing money?

right now i've got a sports betting system which i thought about for a while and then paid $2K for the season. They've been going 3 years and returning a decent %. Only after I bought then i looked into the figures and saw for the last 2.5 years they've returned about 7% (although if you used growth account in 3 years from £5K to £115K or so...not bad...last 2.5 years about £40K to £115K).

then ive got poker, which always used to give me $250/hr or so till ive hit a 60K hand breakeven spell. my worst ever.

then ive got financial spreadbetting which i havent started but am tempted

then a project im spending so many hours on recently but will probabably make at best $2k a month for a lot of work (something id get satisfaction from though if it comes off).

so all in all my day is spent on the project, thinking about spreadbetting, playing poker, and now on saturdays sports betting.

i can easily have a swing of a 2K in an hour at poker, im betting $1K per game on the sports (was going to do $8K per game but figured that would be too much), and then a lot of time spent on a project which won't make much.

im breakeven in the last 6 weeks. part of me thinks im mad for putting myself through all this thought and instead pack up and go on an incredible 6 week round the world holiday which would cost a huge amount. but part of me really would love to do it. but then i can do that when i retire at 35 with loads cash and a fit wife [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]