View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Keeping my mouth shut

[ QUOTE ]
For me personally I don't mind any of those things except for table coaching and strategy talk, and admittedly the latter of those two can occasionally be entertaining if strategy man is unskilled enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much in the same way that I might raise a good hand big 2/3 of the time and raise it small the remaining 1/3, I sometimes talk strategy but try to be serious only 2/3 of the time and throw in some awful advice. Sometimes I just nod knowingly when my neighbor says he should have pushed all-in after flopping his set to knock all the draws out.

Like the OP, I find the temptation to talk poker really strong. And I would argue that I'm probably able to do more with info about how my opponents think than vice-versa. The truth of the matter is, no matter how much I insist that folding AQ to a reraise or pricing draws to make them think they can stay in is profitable, no one's going to believe me anyway. So as long as I contaminate my advice every once in a while, it's fine.

I also love to say, "We all have our different styles, and what works for you may not work for him," when someone's berating a fish. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I should probably just keep out.