View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Unorthodox Sports Team Management

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't why you guys have such a problem with the football example. For one thing, these:

[ QUOTE ]
Stack your squad with easily interchangable players
Furthermore you should almost NEVER punt, unless it's basically 4th and 5 or longer or your field position is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

are basically Bill Belichick exaggerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they're not Bill Belicheck exaggerrated. What makes you think he views players as interchangeable, or even tries to acquire players that are interchangeable? I think the Pats during his tenure have been amazingly successful at replacing injured players on their line while maintaining a high level of production, but not so much at other positions.

[ QUOTE ]
The teams he suggested emulating were highly successful as well. Aside from the suggestion of running tons of trick plays for [censored] and giggles, what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The teams he suggested emulating, as well as the modern day Patriots had hall of fame quarterbacks to run the offense. If you send Jamarcus Russel or JP Losman out to call the plays at the line you are going to be embarassed.

I don't disagree with OP's position on punting more, but I think it needs to be a little more nuanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Belicheck rarely signs big free agents and only slightly more often resigns his own big free agents. He builds through the draft, this is what I meant.

I'm not aware of any offense that wouldn't be embarrassed with Losman or Russel as QB. I don't understand your point.