Thread: Dog Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Dog Racing

Check the form stats for results from post position -- every track is a little different. Check past run times against what it's going to take to win this race. If the dog(s) in the winning post(s) can run a winning time, and if they can break -- bet them. Obvously, this has to be a race length they've run before (if it's shorter, bet them if they were fading in the longer race -- if it's longer, bet them if they were gaining in the shorter race -- otherwise scratch). A good way to bet dogs is to first eliminate, then add.

I bet dogs for fun -- and the track in Phoenix has one the best restaurants in town. I'll usually pick 5 contenders, in order 1-2-3-4-5, and then bet a 3-4-5 part wheel for the tri -- 123 with 1234 with 12345 for $27. At $27 per race, it's a pretty cheap evening. Half the time it covers my food and liquor bill + some, but most of all it's just cheap entertainment that occasionally wins a couple thousand. I love betting dogs in the rain [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]